Table of contents:
Video: Remove The Mask From The Liar. 5 Ways To Know A Person - Self-development, Society
When we meet a new person, most often we try to make a good impression on him, to demonstrate our best sides. It is clear that he, too, seeks to show the "product by its face".
But how, then, do you know what a person really is? What is hidden behind the facade of politeness, friendliness and gallantry? It turns out that it is not at all necessary to communicate for many months to understand what character a person has, how honest he is with you and whether you should get closer.
No matter how hard a person tries to hide his "bad qualities", there are several moments in which, by showing observation, you can expose him
Here are five life hacks:
1. Trial by power
Of course, if the person is interested in a relationship, they will behave politely with you. But watch how your new friend interacts with other people. Especially with subordinates (if he has any) and with service personnel. Very often aggressive, arrogant people show these negative traits precisely in dealing with those whom he considers lower in status. If a person is rude to the waitress, pokes the seller, breaks down at the driver, you should think about how he will treat you after a while, when the pink glasses of love fall off.
2. Inner circle
Talk about parents, relatives, friends. Listen carefully to how the new acquaintance speaks of them. What epithets does he give to his “ex”? If a person speaks negatively about his inner circle at the first meetings, you can only imagine how he will criticize you when you enter this circle. If he really has a history of toxic parents, a vile materialistic woman, it is unlikely that the person will tell you about this at the beginning of the relationship.
3. Body language
- 1. If the interlocutor is right-handed, watch his left hand. The right-hander has less control over it, it is the left side that will show true emotions.
- 2. The liar will often touch his face, cover his mouth, rub his nose, and pull his ear.
- 3. If a person is lying, there are many pauses in his speech (he needs time to think about the answer), the pace of his speech is uneven. A liar can start a conversation slowly and then speed up to "chat" the interlocutor. Should be alerted by innuendo, skipping to other topics. A liar often begins his lines by repeating your words. For example, to the question: "Where do you work?" he will answer: “Where do I work? I…"
- 4. Liars try not to look the other person in the eye. Of course, if the person does not seem shy or squeezed to you, but still avoids direct glances, you should be wary.
- 5. A sincere person voices the emotions they are experiencing. When he says that he is very glad to see you, a smile already shines on his face. The liar may tell you that he is terribly upset by your failure, but the appropriate facial expression will appear a little later.
4. Trial balloon
A great way to find out the true essence of a person is to pass a joint test with him. It can be a journey, a quest, a work project, or a sports game. During such events, people open up.
It becomes clear whether a person is ready to help and knows how to accept help. In unusual conditions, qualities such as misogyny, consumerism, callousness and stubbornness are often manifested. It is much better to learn about them at the start.
Do not rush to reveal your feelings, complexes and secrets to a new friend. You don't know yet if he is worthy of your trust. Perhaps he will share your secrets with other people, use this information not in your favor, or even directly against you.
Of course, without trust, it's impossible to imagine healthy partnerships. Start small - tell a less traumatic and serious incident in your life and observe the reaction. Will the person express sympathy for you, or will he mention the episode, hurting and wounding?