Table of contents:
- At times, understanding the feelings and actions of a loved one can be difficult. Acquaintance with our inner characters, or "subpersonalities", will help to reconcile contradictions, harmonize relations with a partner. We offer you the psychotherapeutic task "Faces of the Subpersonality", which will help you take a step towards harmony
- Exercise "Faces of subpersonality"
Video: Faces Of Subpersonality. Get To Know Your Inner Man And Woman - Relations
At times, understanding the feelings and actions of a loved one can be difficult. Acquaintance with our inner characters, or "subpersonalities", will help to reconcile contradictions, harmonize relations with a partner. We offer you the psychotherapeutic task "Faces of the Subpersonality", which will help you take a step towards harmony
If we are familiar with our inner characters, or "subpersonalities", then we can use this knowledge to the advantage. At the same time, if we do not know or do not accept one of our subpersonalities, it gains power over us. We begin to do unexpected things, while, alas, usually with negative consequences for ourselves. Remember how often a situation is played out in comedies: a "gray mouse" or a "notorious bespectacled man" drinks a glass of wine that is forbidden for himself - and goes into the fray. Their pent-up passions are finally breaking through and out of control!
Our subpersonalities - the inner man and the inner woman - are best known by sight
Regardless of biological sex, the inner woman helps a person to be empathic and intuitive, adaptive and flexible, and to establish close contacts. But the inner man contributes to the achievement of goals, career growth, development in the profession, gives stability and assertiveness …
In addition, subpersonalities influence which men and women are "attracted" to us. Look closely and you will understand - this is a mirror image of what is happening in the inner world.
For example, many successful women complain that "there are only weaklings around and there is no one to marry." What's behind this? Such a woman is herself a "man in a skirt." It helped her reach career heights, but at what cost? Her inner woman became masculine. And then the inner man was devoid of strength - weak and depressed. Just the same weak and depressed by women men (most likely, "mommy's sons") begin to look after her.
Thus, your partner reflects what is happening with your inner man (or woman). And your partnership is the result of the relationship between the inner man and woman: is there harmony? Or are there fights? Maybe they are afraid of each other? Or does one suppress the other?.. Understand, analyze, search and make decisions.
By getting to know our subpersonalities, we improve partnerships, expand our self-image, and become more successful.
Exercise "Faces of subpersonality"
We suggest that you perform a psychotherapeutic exercise. This task is universal and suitable for both men and women, since everyone has an inner man and woman. To complete it, you will need paper, a pen, and some free time.
1. Close your eyes and think: what character appears at the words "inner man"?
There can be several of these images. Open your eyes and make a list. Try to give each a name and at least briefly describe: age, occupation, where he lives, character traits … These can be men of all ages, historical eras (even a caveman) - do not be surprised at anything! Among them, there are usually both cute characters (White Knight) and unpleasant ones (Hairy Barbarian). Most often, there are from five to ten characters on the list, but this does not mean that you should have the same number of them. Unleash your imagination!
2. Match each of them with a pair. Think about who could be next to such a man? Again, don't be surprised at what comes to mind. There should not be a Beautiful Lady next to the Knight; instead, the Witch may appear …
3. List all the women you match on a separate list. Now you need to do exactly the same job: briefly describe each of them, and then choose a man for her. And it won't necessarily be the same male character anymore! For example, the Witch may no longer correspond to the Knight, but the Magician. But if the pair coincided (and the Witch was again with the Knight), then these characters are complementary and work with them stops. But you will still have to work with unmatched pairs - match them again. And so on until all the characters are complementary - all halves must match.