Table of contents:
- The inability to travel, walk for a long time in our favorite park, go to school and work, visit shopping malls, gather in large companies to celebrate a holiday, or just spend time with friends - these are the limitations that we have faced in recent months. We know the reasons - a threat to our security, a threat to health. What are the consequences? How to get out of this situation with the least losses? And what advantages can we find, or even so: what advantages can we provide for ourselves and our family? Why go to a psychologist in self-isolation?
- 1. Daily routine
- 2. Family crisis
- 3. Boring
- 4. Anxious
Video: When And Why To Contact A Psychologist In Self-isolation - Self-development
2023 Author: Oswald Adamson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 12:13
The inability to travel, walk for a long time in our favorite park, go to school and work, visit shopping malls, gather in large companies to celebrate a holiday, or just spend time with friends - these are the limitations that we have faced in recent months. We know the reasons - a threat to our security, a threat to health. What are the consequences? How to get out of this situation with the least losses? And what advantages can we find, or even so: what advantages can we provide for ourselves and our family? Why go to a psychologist in self-isolation?
First of all, I want to say that all people reacted differently to the requirement for self-isolation. Therefore, many of us found ourselves on different poles of understanding each other. So young mothers on maternity leave, especially those living outside the city, hardly noticed any changes in their lives. Their life was already spent in household chores, food was brought by couriers, and a walk with a stroller on the site of their own house was their usual life. And someone reacted brightly, to the self-isolation regime. There are those who spent their lives traveling, actively visiting cinemas, theaters, shopping centers, eating in cafes and restaurants, used to spending time in a noisy company of friends - this is the four-wall mode for them, even surrounded by loved ones, it is much harder. There are those whose 70% of their lives were at work, and life at home is extremely unusual, you need to adapt to it and adapt to it. So:we are all different, with different ways of life and different levels of resistance to stress, and therefore take each of the following topics to yourself and be glad if none of them is relevant to you.
1. Daily routine
The first thing the majority faced was a violation of the usual course of the daily routine. So it was here that people had their first and main difficulties. Psychically speaking, a habit is a resting area for the brain. Exactly after a certain habit was developed, our brain stopped intensely controlling this type of activity and switched to the "autopilot" mode. Most of us don't even think about how and when to brush our teeth, for example. We do this out of habit. And this, I must say, is a great habit. In the regime of the new course of the day, we must keep as much as possible all those useful habits to which we have long been accustomed, and also develop several new ones that will facilitate our studies or work at home. The first days will be difficult, since most of the actions will take place in a new way, which means it will make the brain work extra. But after a week, the updated daily routine will become a habit and life will again acquire certainty and everything will fall into place.
Why consult a psychologist? If you have difficulties in allocating time on your own: you feel that every new day brings uncertainty, you forget a lot from your usual actions, do not have time to do anything or, on the contrary, do not know what to do with yourself, you are in a hurry or cannot force yourself to act on time and put off important things at the last moment. At this stage, the specialist will tell you how to independently develop the most effective daily regimen, which actions need to be added and which ones to remove. Will select the most suitable way of relaxation and toning. Teaches ways of self-organization.
2. Family crisis
This problem ranks second among the difficulties faced by people in self-isolation. We all love our families very much and enjoy spending time together, but! In the mode of continuous communication and forced isolation from friends and other relatives, many families faced the difficulties of constantly being in one space.
Leading from the list of appeals:
- Irritations on little things - scattered things, unwashed dishes, uncleaned notebooks, books, textbooks, the "notorious" unclosed tube of toothpaste.
- Hyper control: This is a leading topic among teenagers. Parents who, in normal life, cannot watch their teenager 24/7, faced with the reality of a closed space, choose this time as an opportunity to fill all the gaps in education. This is where the main difficulties arise. Constant instructive words, notations and overprotection are, first of all, a super possible (especially in these conditions) load on the psyche.
- "Old problems". We tend to "overwhelm" some family problems and not solve them. In the usual high rhythm of life, we simply have no time to solve those problems with which in general we can live. We do not waste time and energy on many questions, preferring to postpone this serious conversation "until better times."
Why consult a psychologist? Your psychologist will successfully solve these problems, suggest ways to solve small family issues, select together with you a family pastime, advise the best board games for rallying or recommend a list of books and films for the whole family, based on your difficulties and taking into account development tasks. He will tell you how, by minimizing overprotection on the part of an adult, to fill possible gaps in education. And, of course, he will choose a joint path to solving those problems with which your family has been delaying for a long time.
Yes, it is boredom that many have encountered. How to entertain yourself when the possibilities of movement are limited, how to please, how to spend time both fun and useful? Don't get depressed because of the temporary inability to maintain an active lifestyle? And all such questions began to occupy the minds of thousands of people.
But it's no secret that laziness and boredom are the main engines of progress. Who will be surprised by this formulation, I will explain: it is during the period of boredom and "doing nothing" that our brain begins to generate unusual ideas, learns to entertain itself based on the conditions that are here and now. And this is the right path to creative development!
Looking at the bored child surrounded by an incredible number of toys and gadgets, our grandmothers begin to say that “in their time” there were two pots with holes, sticks from the nearest forest, a couple of pine cones and a doll in a shabby dress … learned to entertain themselves, invented stories, made toys from scrap materials and did not complain.
What is this whole story about? The fact that oversaturation causes the brain to stop working and develop. And when he gets into a deficit, he begins to work hard, look for unusual ideas for implementation and create, developing imagination and spatial thinking.
Why consult a psychologist? First of all, your psychologist will tell you about the limitless possibilities of "boredom." Be sure to discuss with you exactly when you feel boredom and apathy attack you. He will tell you what are the ways and mechanisms to start your inner creative activity. And most importantly, solving the "boring" issue can be a huge step towards personal growth and development. After all, it is important to understand that a self-sufficient and creative person rarely succumbs to such ailment as “boring”.
Anxiety. It is no coincidence that this point is the last. The thing is that an anxious state, to one degree or another, is now present in each of us. And it is normal to feel anxiety and uncertainty about the future in a situation of general crisis! And this is perhaps the most important thing to understand.
From “every iron” we hear alarming news about the spread of the virus, watch footage from hospitals, analyze world statistics. Someone has already faced the consequences of the closure of small businesses, someone is teetering on the brink. Staying calm and calm in the midst of such a situation is extremely difficult, if not impossible.
What is important: if you here and now understand that the anxiety that will periodically attack you is controllable, and you definitely understand that it does not take possession of you, does not interfere with thinking sanely, leading a healthy lifestyle and taking into account the WHO recommendations, then the main tips psychologist:
- Information flow control. Yes, it is important and necessary to be aware of events in the world today, but (!) An overabundance of information is comparable to an unbearable load on the psyche and will only lead to a colossal increase in anxiety and anxiety.
- Selection of only reliable sources. Protect yourself from gossip and unverified rumors. Avoid social networks, which carry “content shock”, heat up the situation in the world and exacerbate it.
- Reducing the level of tension in the family. Minimize dialogues about the world environment within your family.
- Planning in the "here and now" mode. In an atmosphere of general uncertainty, anxiety is a normal state, at least because our comfort and state of confidence is determined by confidence in the future. The ability to plan and be confident in these plans is our territory of peace. What to do when planning for a long time is not possible? Plan for a day and two! This planning approach is most effective today. Make those plans that you are confident in (family menu, movie watching, joint games and development mode: online training and classes), avoid long-term planning and far-reaching intentions.
Why consult a psychologist? If you feel that anxiety and confusion does not let you go for a long time, you have begun to sleep poorly, symptoms such as loss of energy are present, there is no appetite, and your physical health is normal, then your psychologist is an obligatory companion for given period. First of all, it will help to understand the deep causes of anxiety, it is they who are able to "crawl" to the surface in this turbulent time. Together with you, he will select the best strategy for working with the state, since working with fears and constant feelings of anxiety is very individual and does not lend itself to the general scheme.
When One Is A Warrior In The Field. Watching Films "Serpico" And "Pride And Glory" With A Psychologist - Reviews
When one is a warrior in the field. We watch films "Serpico" and "Pride and Glory" together with a psychologist. Can one remain a warrior in the field? Is healthy
Personal Opinions About Domestic Violence, Abusers And Victims. Part 2: What Is Violence And Why Does An Abuser Need It? - Society
Personal opinions about domestic violence, abusers and victims. Part 2: what is violence and why does an abuser need it?
Why is it harmful to be friends with children? The opinion of the psychologist Marina Melia. Friendship of parents with children is a popular trend today: adults consider their child as an equal partner, as a friend who can be trusted and with whom one can consult on a variety of issues
Why will your work with a psychologist be ineffective? 4 obvious mistakes. After your independent attempts to solve the problem have failed
If you want to show off your knowledge of psychology and sociolinguistics - the game is just made for you