Table of contents:
Video: Life Is Full Of Anxiety: Who Are Psychasthenics - Self-development
If you find it difficult to answer the question when was the last time you were not worried about anything, if thoughts of an insidious disease now and then creep into your head, and the wise gudgeon from the Saltykov-Shchedrin fairy tale seems to be a close-minded comrade - you are a psychasthenic. And this is not an offensive curse, but a type of character accentuation.
The frightening names schizoid, cycloid and hysteroid hide under themselves not the verdict of a psychiatrist, but only the most common recognizable personality traits. This time let's talk about psychasthenics and how they can make their life easier.
Psychasthenics are also called anxious type, and this definition well reflects the essence of this accentuation. Doubt and anxiety are constant companions of such a person. Low endurance of the nervous system leads to the fact that even the slightest setbacks cause despair.
Distinctive features of the psychasthenic
- High level of anxiety.
- One or more phobias.
- Impatience, fear of the unknown.
- Difficulty making decisions, constant doubts about the correctness of one or another option.
- Any changes in the usual way of life cause discomfort.
- Hypochondria. A person is constantly looking for symptoms of incurable diseases, but refuses to visit a doctor, as he is afraid to hear the "sentence".
- Low self-esteem.
- Shyness and related problems with the opposite sex.
- If someone from the environment acts dishonestly, immorally, this causes feelings of inner protest in the psychasthenic.
- The likelihood of hearing a refusal is so burdensome for the psychosthenic that he prefers not to ask.
- The first serious obstacles can force you to abandon the goal.
- A person is constantly in the past or future, and in the present he is extremely rare.
- Continuous reflections on abstract topics that often do not end with logical conclusions.
- Decreased performance, fatigue, malaise, dizziness.
Despite the unattractive list of disadvantages, people of this type can be very successful if they find themselves. Among psychasthenics there are such significant personalities as Anton Pavlovich Chekhov, Ivan Petrovich Pavlov and Charles Darwin.
The pros of psychasthenics
- Sensitivity and subtle understanding of other people.
- Curiosity, desire to get to the bottom of everything, analytical mind.
- Striving to be “good”, honest, deep remorse for our own mistakes and misdeeds.
Learning is light
The first thing I would like to advise the psychasthenic is the study of psychology, psychotypes and comprehensive self-knowledge and self-development. Understanding your own characteristics, differences with other people gives a clearer picture of how it "works", and the psychasthenic loves clarity in everything.
Take a deep breath
Body-oriented practices, meditation, special breathing, muscle relaxation, as well as sports and travel can help cope with anxiety and phobias. Art therapy, painting, sculpting, sand manipulation, and the now popular painting of special albums will help reduce stress. Occupational therapy and charity work will distract you from unpleasant thoughts.
If you suspect you have another terrible disease, immediately go to the doctor. Write a list of all the questions that concern you so that you don't forget to ask your doctor. Be sure to talk about your personality traits so that the doctor dispels your doubts as convincingly as possible. After the next “symptom” ask yourself: “Has this happened to me? Ah, I'm a psychotic. Everything is fine. I've already been to the hospital. " With new cryptic symptoms, you will have to go to the next specialist.
Everything in order
Employment is what the doctor ordered. But it is important for a psychasthenic to correctly structure his time. Be sure to start a diary, write down your plans, goals, make to-do lists for the day. Try to follow what you have planned.
It would be useful for a psychasthenic to keep a diary of his achievements and good deeds in order to find confirmation of his importance and benefit for others every day. With paper, you can share not only good things, but also worries. Sometimes it is very difficult to understand what exactly weighs you down, “where does the wind blow from”, and a list of unpleasant moments that bother you helps to understand yourself.
The psychasthenic's goals are always present, but not always realized. Someone dreams of moving up the career ladder, and someone just wants to be a Good Person in their subjective understanding of this “goodness”. Try to understand where your ship is sailing and create a detailed itinerary for yourself.
All of the above, in one way or another, affects the self-esteem of the Anxious. But the main key to psychasthenic happiness, what makes him believe in himself, is the real deal. Your favorite profession, usually associated with psychology, medicine, teaching, artistic or literary creation, and maybe with science, helps to reveal your abilities, realize your value and overcome the biggest fear - the fear of death.
The psychasthenic finds ecstasy in his work, and only this creative flight makes him be here and now, forgetting about all life's hardships and worries.
Photo: © Kuzma / Photobank Lori