Table of contents:
Video: How To Talk On The Phone With Bank Scammers - Psychologist's Advice - Society
My phone rang.
- Who's talking?
- Bank, security service. Funds are being withdrawn through your personal account - are you doing this operation?
- No, not me.
- Then, to block it, please provide your data, card number …
- Girl, I say, - Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin said: "Take care of honor from your youth!" Why are you, a young, intelligent girl engaged in fraud and want to deceive people ?! How were you persuaded to engage in essentially theft? You should be very ashamed! Give up this activity …
The girl hangs up.
Okay - I, okay, the money is in the bank. But it is well known who is the main target of the scammers. These are pensioners, old people, lonely elderly people who naively believe that if a person said that he was calling from a pension fund, then he really calls from there. They believe - if a confident and polite voice tells you that you are entitled to compensation for lost savings, then you really are.
After all, these scoundrels follow the news and come up with new ways of deception related to current events. Now they began to offer to disinfect the apartment from the coronavirus. There are doubts about the fate of the virus, but it is certain that gullible people will miss money and valuable things.
My wise friend, after listening to my indignation, said: "They spoil their karma." It seems to me that such deceivers have some kind of "dislocation" in their minds or souls, if they sit with a clear conscience and figure out how to deceive people, where they now have weak points that need to be pressed.
I have never admired Ostap Bender, and I think that knowing many "relatively honest" ways of taking money from a person is not a reason either for pride or for imitation.
How to deal with bank fraudsters?
Since the swindlers have neither shame nor conscience, and will not appear, we need to know how not to fall into the traps they have set, and besides, to protect our elderly relatives.
1. Remember how the multiplication table:
- never make decisions, do not give information in an agitated state;
- a bank employee will never ask about a pin code;
- always end the conversation and call the bank yourself using the phone number on the card.
2. Talk to older relatives several times about how they might be deceived. Explain what to do, for example, say, “I need to consult with my daughter,” and call your mobile.
3. Do a rehearsal, make sure the algorithm is learned.
4. Write down the necessary words on a piece of paper and place it near the phone.
5. And repeat this conversation after a while, adding information about new tricks of the deceivers.