Table of contents:
- More and more modern people do not rest at all. Free time is spent on social networks, on solving small, sometimes meaningless tasks. Such a loss of rest time often leads to the fact that from fatigue a person no longer feels the signals of his own body - it's time to turn off gadgets, change occupation, or just fall asleep in time
- Cons of processing
- How to break away from work and switch to self-healing?
- Memo for the workaholic
Video: How Not To Take Work On Vacation. Memo To Workaholics - Image
2023 Author: Oswald Adamson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 12:13
More and more modern people do not rest at all. Free time is spent on social networks, on solving small, sometimes meaningless tasks. Such a loss of rest time often leads to the fact that from fatigue a person no longer feels the signals of his own body - it's time to turn off gadgets, change occupation, or just fall asleep in time
Cons of processing
Many businessmen pride themselves on not taking a vacation in years. And if, under the onslaught of the family, they agree to go to the sea, then they take the job with them. Not a day goes by without negotiations, making difficult decisions, reading a huge number of messages and other operational organizational activities.
By the way, in Japan the term “death from overwork” is very common among managers. There have not been any high-profile deaths from processing in our country yet, but there are a lot of neuroses, chronic fatigue, bipolar, obsessive-compulsive and other types of psychological disorders, which any practicing psychologist will confirm. And that's not counting the little things like burnout, suppressed anger, low self-esteem, and relationship problems.
Chronic fatigue affects the nervous system, gastrointestinal tract, reproductive system, and immune system. Problems with sleep begin, natural biorhythms go astray.
The overwhelming majority of these disorders arise from the fact that the body simply does not have time to recover due to the accelerated pace of life. In pursuit of successful results without breaks for rest, euphoria is quickly replaced by fatigue and apathy. A person, imperceptibly for himself, becomes a slave of his work, constantly preoccupied with thoughts about the case, scrolling through the circumstances, conversations, options, risks, or just the day before yesterday from the bosses.
Very often the habit of rest dissolves in this ridiculous race. We just forget what we can do in our free time! And then chats, news feeds, all vacation surrogates that can be obtained from a smartphone are used
Recently, an experiment was carried out in America that shocked everyone. Several people agreed to spend some time in a closed, windowless room, leaving their laptops and smartphones outside. It was allowed to take a lot of objects and things that would seem to help with pleasure to spend the allotted hours for the experiment.
Eight people did not last long. Four hours later, in a panic, an ambulance doctor asked to interrupt the experiment. She could no longer hold out without her smartphone. Further more - with a difference of two to three hours, the rest of the participants of the experiment reached out to the exit. Someone started vomiting, someone was claustrophobic. The blogger lasted the longest and began talking to the camera recording the experiment.
It’s a paradox, but people are gradually beginning to forget the usual ways of entertainment in their free time, forget about the simple possibility of communicating with each other
There is a powerful focus on the tasks of work, on the need to be in the know every hour, displacing all other functions that have suddenly become secondary. And problems with the psyche and health begin. We forget to rest. We forget how to rest.
The main task of rest is to bring all systems back to normal, disconnect for a while from familiar, not always simple circumstances, get pleasant emotions, learn something new, see everyday, routine things in an unusual perspective.
How to break away from work and switch to self-healing?
- 1. Go on a trip. Excursions and visits to interesting places will replace the sitting on social networks. Communicating with loved ones and sharing new experiences will help you forget planning meetings, negotiations and the imaginary need to be aware of what is happening every minute.
- 2. Use informational detox technology. At the same time, the vacationer disconnects himself from the usual information, the Internet and all types of devices, is engaged in physical exercises, creativity, takes spa treatments, spends a lot of time in nature, communicates with like-minded people.
- 3. Look at your goals and responsibilities from the outside. Assess them as objectively as possible. This will allow not only to come up with new ideas, but also to find a second wind, to revive a sincere desire to work further with new resources and a new vision.
Speaking about vacation, it is worth noting that for the body, from a psychoemotional point of view, rest begins in a week, that is, in order to really relax, you should go on vacation for at least 10-14 days. The first week is spent on acclimatization, getting used to the new regime of the day, climate, time zone. And only after the first week, the self-healing mode is activated.
Memo for the workaholic
So that work does not remind of yourself on vacation day and night, agree with yourself to comply with the following rules:
1. Before the trip, warn colleagues, employees and superiors that you do not plan to do business on vacation and often go online.
2. Check your mail, instant messengers and social networks once or twice a day
By doing so, you are creating a new habit of taking more care of yourself. You will thank yourself for it in the future.
3. Think in advance of the recreation program: meetings, excursions, trips, visits to interesting places.
The fullness of the rest with vivid personal events will not allow you to waste time looking through friend feeds. The fullness of sensations will bring a sense of satisfaction from life, fill you with happiness and joy.
4. Add some romance
It's no secret that the chemistry of romantic relationships is the most powerful. If you are with your significant other, prepare a romantic date. Such an event will not only strengthen your relationship, but also completely displace thoughts of work from your head.
5. If you suddenly find yourself mentally returning to work, then gently switch to the "here and now" mode, in no case berating yourself or making excuses.
It is common for a person to stick to old habits, even if they are not constructive. A new habit is developed from 10 days, you will have enough time to learn to feel what it is “here and now”, and to really rest.
6. Make a promise to yourself to adhere to the above rules and promise a nice bonus for it.
Since for an inveterate workaholic, the new regime may seem strange and even painful out of habit, be sure to reward yourself for the tremendous inner work aimed at acquiring the skill of balancing work and rest.
Rest Is Not A Luxury, But A Part Of Life. What Is The Difference Between Vacation And Relaxation? - The Quality Of Life
Vacation is not a luxury. I wonder what you are looking for under this article title? What kind of rest do you have a fantasy and what exactly in this topic worries you? if we are with
Autumn Blues Or Depression? How To Take Care Of Yourself When The Sun And Warmth Are Not Enough - Self-development, Society
Autumn blues or depression? When there is not enough sun and warmth. In addition to clinical definitions, depression has already acquired seasonality. What is it? Bad mood, physiological changes in the body, tricks of the pessimists, or is it really a medical problem? Autumn depression - get to know, accept, release
On vacation with friends. 7 rules for a comfortable vacation. If you cannot imagine your travels without a cheerful company, how to make your vacation bring only positive emotions? What to think in advance if you are going to travel with friends?
The way we work doesn't work. Is work taking up more energy today than ever before? Do you feel like you are working overtime but not making progress? Does your mobile phone ring around the clock, seven days a week? Feeling like a squeezed lemon?
Someone calmly travels to the distant seas and completely disconnects from the routine there for several weeks. But there are people who do not take vacation for years and continue to work for wear and tear. What drives them?