Table of contents:
- Is it possible to find your soul mate on an express date?
- Can you trust the first impression of a person?
- How dangerous is it to participate in this kind of event?
- 5 best questions to ask a stranger
Video: Fast Dates - Relations
Speed dating, or express dating, is a very popular phenomenon in the West. They are held in a party format and are aimed at enabling people to get to know each other and make the first impression of each other.
The obligatory components of such events are a pleasant atmosphere, selection of socially equal partners and safety. Visitors have the opportunity to talk face-to-face with each member of the opposite sex; five to seven minutes are allotted for such a mini-date. With mutual interest, you can continue communication. Psychologist, consultant on family problems Alexey Nashchekin tells about how effective this form of dating is.
Is it possible to find your soul mate on an express date?
Statistics show that the chance of finding a partner on an express date is much higher than on the Internet. And that's why:
- Firstly, a person makes more efforts - after all, you need to come somewhere, have the courage to talk "live", make a good impression on the interlocutor. It is more difficult than just writing a message on the Internet, and we always value more what our efforts and time are put into.
- Secondly, during live communication, nuances are noticeable that are difficult to assess via the Internet - the partner's activity, his reaction and even the smell of pheromones.
At the same time, speed dating is less effective than dating in those places where people are busy with a common cause - in creative studios, at work, etc. Practice shows that such places are the most optimal for finding a partner.
Can you trust the first impression of a person?
Research has shown that first impressions are often the best. Of course, this does not mean that literally from the first minute you realize: this is exactly the person with whom you want to live your whole life! But to understand with whom you can try is quite.
How dangerous is it to participate in this kind of event?
The organizers make great efforts to protect the confidential information of all clients. Therefore, only the illusion of constant choice can pose a danger: why choose immediately? This is an online dating phenomenon, when a person finds a dozen potentially suitable partners, but thinks: what if tomorrow will be better? And does not choose anyone.
5 best questions to ask a stranger
A list of questions should be drawn up in advance. If you want to get to know a person, it is important to understand that people are more honest in answering abstract questions. Much will become clear from the answer.
If you want to impress, there is a good list of questions from Arthur Aron. You can choose any five, the main thing is that you can also answer for each - this unites.
Five questions to clarify a person's life goals:
- 1. What is your biggest dream? Why haven't you done it yet?
- 2. What would be your ideal day?
- 3. What do you value most in your friends?
- 4. What would you like to learn from the crystal ball, knowing that it will tell the truth?
- 5. Who of all the people in the world would you invite to dinner?
Questions to help make an emotional impression:
- 1. When was the last time you sang alone with yourself? And for someone else? What is this song?
- 2. What three qualities do you think we share?
- 3. Your house with all its belongings caught fire. After rescuing family and pets, you have time to run into the house and pick up one more thing. What would it be and why?
- 4. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?